.png's in svn?

pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Sun Sep 2 12:09:21 BST 2007

A Sunday 02 September 2007 07:47:02, Nick Shaforostoff escreveu:
> with introduction of iconcache, why is there still generated .png's in svn?
> they take 40 mb for (oxygen), while .svgz's take 40 mb too
> (but .svgz's can be converted to plain .svg's by distros to take advantage
> of solid compression --package will take no more than 10mb--, converting
> them back to .svgz in post-install script; btw: distros like slax will use
> plain .svg's as they use compression on another level)
>
> i mean, look at
> ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/3.92/src/kdelibs-3.92.0.tar.bz2 (at that
> time pics were in kdelibs). aint you scary of 55 mb size package?

Frist reson, the png are generated by inkscape, qt svg renderen dosent suport
all the svg features we are using.
Second reson, some of the png's are manualy remastered couse of pixel
prefection.
40 mb is realy a strat point, pixel prefection will lead us to almost one svg
per size in actions at least, wen done it will be much biguer so i think we
might have a problem here...
--

core oxygen icon designer