Status of konqueror / dolphin as file manager

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Tue Oct 30 22:49:33 GMT 2007

Hi,

> Dolphin has an interesting default setup of available icons in the toolbar.
> What I miss is the "go up" action.
> You can argue that it's not needed as one can click in the addressbar - but
> when I change the adressbar to "editable", which is easily done in
> the "configure" dialog, I can no longer do this (go up easily) - except I
> also explicitely fiddle around with the toolbar settings. Or do I miss
> something ?

From my point of view, probably "Up" action should be on toolbar by default.
As Martin has proved, default values are _KING_ values, and usually users
won't go any further... so we should take very carefully the defaults ones.

Martin, right click on toolbar "Configure toolbars" and move the "Up" action
to the toolbar and give it the priority you want it to be on your toolbar.

--
Rafael Fernández López

GPG Fingerprint: B9F4 4730 43F8 FFDD CC5E BA8E 724E 406E 3F01 D070