Status of konqueror / dolphin as file manager

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Tue Oct 30 21:55:58 GMT 2007

On Tuesday, 30. October 2007 22:43, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Peter Penz wrote:
> > Currently the KFileItemDelegate implementation uses
> >   QColor hover = option.palette.color(QPalette::Highlight).light();
> >   hover.setAlpha(88);
> > to calculate the hover color.
> >
> > I've just committed a fix to use:
> >   QColor hover = option.palette.color(QPalette::Highlight);
> >   hover.setAlpha(88);
> >
> > instead. This works well with the BeOS color scheme, with the "default
> > when removing the color entries from kdeglobals" scheme and should also
> > work with other schemes :-)
>
> If by "other schemes" you mean "common schemes" and exclude the ones
> that I craft (that are otherwise perfectly valid) specifically to be
> illegible in dolphin :-). But... as I said, I can't think of any
> solution for which I can't concoct a corner case that won't break
> (except defining Selection::AlternateBackground to be used for this
> purpose, which I don't consider my first choice).
> Unless someone has a better idea (i.e. a way to get a nice effect
> without a huge amount of effort, that won't break), I think you are
> right that we should try to make it work with common/likely cases.
>
> Btw, what happens now when hovering already-selected items? Nothing?

Only the icon itself gets highlighted, but this is OK from my point of view. I
think the hover effect generally is important to differ whether a click will
get applied to an item or the viewport. If an item is already selected, this
difference is obvious already.

But for sure we might think about providing a better hover effect for already
selected items...

Bye,
Peter