Status of konqueror / dolphin as file manager

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 30 20:40:36 GMT 2007

David Faure wrote:
> I'm using the default color scheme and indeed the highlight color (when moving
> the mouse over items) in the detail view is barely visible. Over white rows it's not
> visible at all, while over gray rows it's a slightly lighter gray.

I see this with BeOS (BeOS != default), but not "the default color
scheme" (note: the only way currently to get "the default color scheme"
is to remove the color entries from kdeglobals). The problem is how the
hover color is calculated; highlight.light() is clearly going to be
broken in some color schemes. Since KCU::mix(base, highlight) is not
safe either (can lead to illegibility which IMO would be worse), I can't
think offhand of a way to fix this that will work in all cases.

In fact, the only thing that comes to mind is to define that
Selection::AlternateBackground (currently unused) is for exactly this
effect and "require" it to be set appropriately in the color scheme.

--
Matthew
<punchline removed due to distasteful content>