Status of konqueror / dolphin as file manager

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Tue Oct 30 07:01:34 GMT 2007

[...]
> > - drag/drop moving a file also does not work inside 1 dolphin window
> > (between 2 columns)
>
> Here you say dolphin, but you do mean konqueror, right? Or is this about
> the column view in dolphin as well?
> DnD is TODO in dolphinpart, but should work ok in dolphin already [with
> maybe some problems in the column view though, since it's a bit newer than
> the rest].

This is a minor Dolphin issue in the column-view, which is already on my
TODO-list. I'll fix this during this week...

> > - cut, copy, rename, move to trash is always greyed out (ah ... - not
> > always, but I had the situation where it was like this - dunno why...
> > restart of dolphin helped)
>
> Yes, the dolphinpart doesn't implement those actions yet - on my TODO.
>
> > - renaming a file crashes dolphin (always)
>
> Was fixed today by Kevin, update kdelibs.
>
> > - the highlighting in detail mode does not use a sensible highlight
> > color. It uses light grey, which makes it hard to see what's selected in
> > the middle of all other grey/white backgrounds
>
> True (dolphin bug). Hardly a reason for a KonqIconViewWidget resurrect
> though :-)

Might be a general KFileItemDelegate issue, but I'll have a look on this.
Martin, could you please tell me which color-scheme you are using? I guess
BeOS, is this correct (at least here for me the issue is obvious)?

Thanks,
Peter