Bug reporting for KDE 4

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 00:21:54 GMT 2007

Am Sonntag, 28. Oktober 2007 22:46:11 schrieb Diego Iastrubni:
> I have seen Mantis in action (in Asterisk, see:
> http://bugs.digium.com/main_page.php) and I am not really impressed. I
> am much more impressed by Trac (see example here:
> http://trac.edgewall.org/report/1 ) as a source-browser + ticket
> integration. Lets ignore the crappy wiki, even tough it has kick-ass
> integration with the whole system.
>

> Setting up trac is also easy (I like the stand alone daemon
> implementation + proxy, much better then fast-cgi).

trac is the one bugtracker that feels right to me. Reportedly it doesn't scale
well, though.
Recently I've been using Roundup which is another lightweight bug tracker that
does the job well.
All in all KMail still is the best bugtracker for small stuff to me, because
it doesn't make you think - is that the right status? How is severity defined
here? Which module does the bug belong to? How do I describe my environment?
Do I want to get notified BLAH BLAH BLAH.
[IIRC trac and/or Roundup don't ask most of these questions]