Bug reporting for KDE 4

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Oct 28 21:41:39 GMT 2007

On Sunday 28 October 2007, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> While your mail sounds good, I have the feeling using a mailing list for
> bug reporting is a step backwards. I agree that reporting bugs for a
> project in a quite buggy state in the official bug tracker also feels
> wrong.
>
> Bug trackers have advantages over emails, like you can't delete bugs, you
> can mark them as closed, you also get emails on changes etc.
> Reporting a bug in bugzilla is quite some work, also searching in bugzilla.

personally i'd hope to use such a list for reporting little things that can be
fixed quickly, or determining is something is more complex and should be
filed on bugs.kde.org

we should also consider augmenting this with Bug Squashing Days on irc. this
worked really well for techbase when we were doing that as well as for
projects like edu and games. why not for libs/base too? =)

in fact, i'll host such a thing this saturday and announce it on my blog right
now.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se