Tagging Freeze in Effect

Clarence Dang dang at kde.org
Sun Oct 28 22:31:19 GMT 2007

On 10/27/07, Tom Albers <tomalbers at kde.nl> wrote:
> Op za 27 okt 2007 19:19 schreef u:
> > > It's so cool making those statements and not backing it up by actual
> > > facts. You keep telling us we suck without actually telling us what sucks.
> >
> > Does the release team use the KDE4 desktop for their everyday, non-KDE work?
>
> My statement was about kdelibs. Quoting it in the context of using the Desktop is not fair. I've stated that the desktop is beta quality and kdelibs is rc quality.  I've > not seen *any* reports from anyone that kdelibs is not rc quality.

Here's one:

Try typing text in a KIntNumInput or KDoubleNumInput in e.g.
KolourPaint.   This is a regression in a _fundamental_ KDE widget.
See also [http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/kdelibs] and surely, there
are more bugs that are obvious, just not being reported (we need that
kde-crunch list or similar ASAP).

I've been silent about the quality of the current KDE4 for now but I
have to agree that kdelibs is not a candidate for releasing (hence,
the name "RC") now and that the KDE4 betas have been alphas at best.
Please do not make the mistake of labelling kdelibs as RC.  It's bad
enough that we released betas of the desktop without an obvious way to
start applications, among all the other glaringly obvious bugs.

Clarence