libkdeprint

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Oct 28 10:57:52 GMT 2007

On Sunday 28 Oct 2007, John Layt wrote:
> Attached is the current version of my printFiles() replacement.  The
> code makes use of the fact that CUPS installs its own version of lpr
> that re-directs output to CUPS, so the same code does for both CUPS
> and LPR, and has no compile-time dependency on CUPS.  Because the
> code isn't going into kdelibs, and its easiest to just directy
> compile it into Okular which is GPL, no code is copied from the LGPL
> KDEPrint.

The LGPL expressely allows you to re-license under the GPL (of the same
version).

> What's left to do:
> 1) There's a weird bug I'm tearing my hair out on.  If I don't pass
> the Printer Name and have a default set in CUPS, then everything
> works.  If I pass the selected Printer Name however I get an error
> "lpr: The printer or class was not found", but if I copy and paste
> the exact same command line then it works fine.  Any clues?

Shell quoting?  You may find debugging easier if, rather than sending
the args to an echo command, you simply do
kDebug() << argList;
because that will give you the divisions.

However, you shouldn't need to quote anything, including the file name,
because you're not using the execute-under-a-shell functionality of
KProcess.

I'll have a look at it.

Alex

--