Some GUI bugs

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Sat Oct 27 15:57:26 BST 2007

Hi,

I have right now fixed a problem on KDirOperator that I was looking for:
http://media.ereslibre.es/2007/10/kopeteavatar.png (look where the preview
appears)

And now: http://media.ereslibre.es/2007/10/kopeteavatar2.png

It was a small problem. If the dialog was supposed to start with the preview
enabled, the preview widget was never added to the splitter. If the dialog
started without preview support, and it was enabled with the menu, everything
was correctly done. This fix is committed.

Now, I've found more GUI problems but haven't got so much time to deal with
them, since they're quite difficult to debug/track and I'm running out of
time.

- KPropertiesDialog/KPageDialog/KPageWidget combo:
http://media.ereslibre.es/2007/10/propertiesdialog.png
Please notice how borders of the tabs are not drawn. I dedicated some time to
this issue but no positive results.

- Toolbars/DockWidgets: I started a thread previously with this issue and
still have no result. I've been dealing with it couple hours and it seems the
bug is in Qt, more specifically, probably:

bool QDockAreaLayoutInfo::restoreState(QDataStream &stream,
QList<QDockWidget*> &widgets)

and

bool QToolBarAreaLayout::restoreState(QDataStream &stream, const
QList<QToolBar*> &_toolBars)

or something related. I'd define it as "the way the dock/toolbar is
artificially detached is somehow wrong".

This one can be done with this steps:
1. Open dolphin
2. Detach a dock widget
3. Close dolphin
4. Open dolphin

Now you get a beautiful widget (you can grab it with Alt+Click, even it will
react to your clicks where there is supposed to be buttons), but it is
a "transparent" widget, that when you grab it it took a "snapshot" where it
started.

So, please, if you find/commit something related to this bugs, let me know.

--
Rafael Fernández López

GPG Fingerprint: B9F4 4730 43F8 FFDD CC5E BA8E 724E 406E 3F01 D070