KDE4 release discussion, Was: KIO::NetAccess static methods question

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Sat Oct 27 10:55:43 BST 2007

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

>> I can see your standing, but I think we so much spoke of KDE4 (notice the
>> notation) and how wonderful will be, that people _are indeed_ expecting
>> that KDE 4.0 (notice the notation) be installable on production systems.
>
> .. and what i'm saying is that:
>
> - as i travel around and talk to people,

Would it be wrong for me to imagine that 95% of people you talk to during
these travels are 'techies' ?

Would it be equally wrong to imagine, that 95% of people who'd be trying
to install and use an officially released KDE4/4.0 cannot be compared at
in their level of techie-ness to the ones from my last question?

> that does not seem to be the case at
> all (e.g. we're inventing a lot of this 'problem" ourselves)
>
> - we can manage those expectations just fine.

Agreed. But it needs to be reflected in a special naming of that release
(and the naming would have to be explained already pre-release as well
as in the release announcements).

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS