QT_PLUGIN_PATH (Re: Install kimgio plugins in the Qt image format plugins dir)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Oct 26 16:45:30 BST 2007

On Thursday 16 August 2007, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 16. August 2007 schrieb David Faure:
> > > I was wondering if it's not a good idea to install the kimgio plugins
> > > in the Qt image format plugins dir.
> > >
> > > This way Qt only programs can have the benefit of the extra image
> > > format plugins too.
> >
> > You can't install into Qt itself - could be root-owned and readonly.
> > Just set QT_PLUGIN_PATH to <kdeprefix>/lib/kde4/plugins.
>
> Couldn't this be done automatically on KDE session startup?

Yes I think this would be a good idea.
What about the attached patch?

Tested here, works -- at least the env var appears in the /proc/pid/environ of the kde4 apps.
Inside konsole it's not set since the shell gets its own environment, but that's not something
we can do anything about I guess, shell people will still need to configure their shell.