KDE4 release discussion, Was: KIO::NetAccess static methods question

Maksim Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Fri Oct 26 16:04:41 BST 2007

> I don't think we need a special naming or stuff like that. It is a .0
> release. Everyone who expects it to be as stable as 3.5.8 should get
> it's head out of the place wherever he/she put it.

No one is talking about it having to be as stable as 3.5.8. We're talking
about it not being clearly broken in many spots.

> Can we please just let this go? If 4.0 is usable, it'll be good
> enough.

CDE was usable. KDE is supposed to be good. And a question: do you use
KDE4 for every day work? I sure as heck can't, since I keep getting
distracted by all the bugs I see.

> damn, I'm really surprised by some comments. I have to explain these
> issues to users every week (literally, I've given KDE speeches and/or
> attended meetings every weekend for the last 6 weeks), and they get
> it. Why can't the developers?

Because what we ship is a matter of our integrity. We should hold
ourselves to the highest standards, should we not?