KDE4 release discussion, Was: KIO::NetAccess static methods question

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 21:34:37 BST 2007

> Install kdemultimedia/kmix and run kmix

I have a recent kmix from SVN and it needs work if mere mortals are to
use it.  On my system it creates a window 1.3x the height of my
1400x1050 screen filled with a vast number of audio controls.  The two
controls which matter to me (my main speaker and PCM) work but I
haven't tested anything else.  The tab name and window title are some
internal detail as well.

kmix under KDE 3 shows about 8 sliders lined up next to each other
with tabs to switch between groups of controls.

Screenshot of kmix under KDE 4 on my system here:
http://www.robertknight.me.uk/files/kde/kmix_svn_25_10_07.png

Regards,
Robert.