[patch] Re: kconfiggroup template 'mess'

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Thu Oct 25 20:29:41 BST 2007

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 09:21:31PM +0200, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> Oswald Buddenhagen said the following, On 2007-10-25 19:24:
>> On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 05:06:22PM +0200, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>>> Can we start with this and polish it a bit?
>>>
>> i'm not impressed. major ugliness as a tribute to redmond.

> As Thiago and then I have mentioned - template/nontemplate versions of
> function (here: readEntry/writeEntry) cannot be mixed.

you just reiterated the same statement which is have already
demonstrated wrong in this broadness. be more specific, dude. which
overloads are causing which problems? which seem to be explicitly ok?

> So the cause for problems is that the functions commited by Thomas
> Braxton are too much overloaded. The code worked well many years until
> last week - what means to me bigger change before freeze.

for starters, thomas introduced templates into kconfig at a very early
stage of kde4, and it seems to have worked for you for more than a year.
work with that.