KDE4 release discussion, Was: KIO::NetAccess static methods question

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Thu Oct 25 19:54:27 BST 2007

On Thursday 25 October 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>  i remember just how crappy 2.0 was on my machine then (a
> PII 400 no less =): slow, buggy as hell, incomplete in many places,
> relatively few apps....

I have different memories.

I very much recall the first KDE 2 betas, because that's when I started using
KDE, coming from "the other side", and was very impressed. It basically
filled all my needs (those of a C++ developer - mail, web, console), except
for a few sites which Konq wouldn't handle properly. Same for KDE3.0. It
doesn't seem that KDE4 will be the same - though I understand the change from
KDE3 to 4 is much bigger.

--
Guillaume.
http://telegraph-road.org