KDE4 release discussion, Was: KIO::NetAccess static methods question

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Thu Oct 25 17:39:10 BST 2007

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> people here are stuck on the "4" part and not the "0". maybe it would make it
> easier for people here to understand if this was "KDE4 version 0.1" rather
> than "KDE 4.0"?

I would subscribe to that actually. Translated to this point in time it
would have been 3.9 (which I know we basically had but shadowed it because
4.0 was on the horizon all the time).

But this is not only about senseless numbers. There is the pyschological
effect on people (can't be denied) and also the message that 4.0 is a
"final" thing. That people expect bugs in a .0 release is a different
story again.

Harri.