Release schedule clarifications

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Oct 25 15:55:39 BST 2007

On Thursday 25 October 2007, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> On Thursday 25 October 2007 12:48:18 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > 1/4th my screen (size 500) makes plasma go 15% and X11 go all the way up
> > to 85%, the standard size of 125 takes more plasma cpu (20-30%) but only
> > 60% of xorg. I guess I don't need to say that moving such a big clock is
> > absolutely not smooth. With half-the-size its still somewhat acceptable,
> > but already jumpy a bit.
>
> Same here. E.g. while I drag the yellow notes around I get a consistent
>
> 30% CPU usage of plasma and at the same time
> 78% CPU usage of XOrg while doing so on a

it sounds like paint caching isn't happening for you. can you update to
today's svn and see if the change to wallpaper caching helps any.

also, can you try with a window manager other than kwin from kde4.

p.s. talking about performance is fun when we still don't support things like
multiple or even hiding panels.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se