Release schedule clarifications

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Oct 25 14:34:56 BST 2007

On Thursday 25 October 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> draging a rather large digital clock applet all around the desktop
> for 10-15s results in plasma taking .3% cpu, and x.org taking 5-8%.
> doing the same with a dolphin window of comparable size results in
> x.org taking 15% of my cpu.

I'm reading this discussion and I'm very amazed that you and Andreas
don't see the performance issue with Plasma. As I said in my blog, I
have serious problems with it, and I have no idea what can be wrong.
The CPU is fast, Opteron dual core, the graphics card is not that fast,
but should be enough (NVidia FX5500, with the binay driver). I tried
with or without KWin, with or without composite extension enabled,
still just moving the mouse over a taskbar button, or moving a plasma
applet or right clicking on the desktop gives me high CPU load (60-100%
combined plasma + xorg). The resolution is 1600x1200 plus a 800x600
separate screen for TV out.
I even tried to disabled the wallpaper as you suggested in a BR, but it
still showed up.

Andras