KIO::NetAccess static methods question

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Oct 25 00:47:19 BST 2007

On 24.10.07 17:42:57, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 October 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Anyway, time will tell wether plasma will be the only kde4.0 library
> > thats going to break BC for 4.1 or not and wether that will mean KDE 5.0
> > is released a year after 4.0 or not.
>
> just to make it very clear: libplasma is in kdebase/workspace (not kdelibs;
> not even kdebase/runtime), is replacing a library that *never* maintained BC
> (libkicker; heck, it didn't even install its headers so people would just
> statically link it in to applets ... i'm not joking)

Interesting I wasn't aware of that detail. So actually libplasma is already
a large improvement over kicker wrt. developing applets.

> so don't make libplasma a part of this discussion =)

Sorry, actually the reason was that until about 2 hours ago I thought
libplasma was part of the KDE development platform. I just then realized
its in workspace (of course, else it would be built on win32 ;) and thus
not part of KDE platform.

Andreas

--
You are capable of planning your future.