KIO::NetAccess static methods question

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Oct 24 22:12:54 BST 2007

On 24.10.07 22:22:49, Leo Savernik wrote:
> c) release 4.0, admit that it didn't cut it, and release 5.0 in place of 4.1
> to make KDE shine.

Just one comment: How is 5.0 with BIC changes different from 4.1 with
BIC changes? KDE doesn't have the manpower to develop 4.x and 5.x at the
same time, so we'd have to tell all people that just switched to 4.0,
they now have to port to 5.0 because thats the only release thats
actively worked on.

Apart from that, its not like kdelibs will change in a radical way when
doing some of the BIC changes that people would like to do. And it
didn't hurt Qt4 either to have rather big changes between 4.0 and 4.1, I
doubt you can run the simple Qt4.3 examples against a Qt4.0 (but I'm not
sure).

Anyway, time will tell wether plasma will be the only kde4.0 library
thats going to break BC for 4.1 or not and wether that will mean KDE 5.0
is released a year after 4.0 or not.

Andreas

--
You are sick, twisted and perverted.  I like that in a person.