kde3 kde4 coinstallability take two

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Wed Oct 24 01:32:15 BST 2007

On Tuesday, 23. October 2007, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2007-10-23, Jakob Petsovits <jpetso at gmx.at> wrote:
> > Could you please mention the exact list of those icons?
>
> in my original mail it is mentioned:
>
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=119304369106640&w=2
>
> it is 5-10 icons, some of them coming from the now killed kdeprint

Ah, ok, sorry for looking in the mail rather than in the attachment itself.

The icons in the crystalsvg directory still bear their old names - they have
been renamed in KDE 4, do have differently named Oxygen correspondents,
and can disappear at once. I'll take care of having them removed.
(Alternatively, they could also be renamed... but will there even be
a Crystal theme for KDE 4?)

The icons in hicolor (kdeprintfax, khelpcenter, kjobviewer, knetattach,
printmgr) bear the names of their applications' executable, which is the
correct thing to do. However, since I also see the executables appearing in
your list - apart from printmgr, guess something's out of sync here - it
would seem to me that the best solution is to go with whatever happens to the
executables themselves. Say, if knetattach is renamed to knetattach4, the
same shall happen to the icon.

So much from my side, wishes,
  Jakob