[RFC] KConfig API stuff

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 23 17:50:32 BST 2007

Andreas Hartmetz wrote:
> undirty() is perfectly clear if you have ever heard of a dirty cache.
> For someone who doesn't know the terminology a long name is probably
> unavoidable. And it won't really hurt either because it's rarely used... Huh,
> I wonder why the functionality is needed at all.

For the color kcm it is *vital* (well, a revert/rollback anyway); we
work by fiddling with an in-ram config that is passed around to generate
palettes for the previews, but should not be written for reasons that I
hope are obvious. Not being able to do this would mean having to
duplicate practically all of kcolorscheme.cpp in the kcm, which would suck.

The other users (which I haven't looked at, so I can't say why they need
to do this) are suppressing the sync() that would otherwise happen when
the kconfig goes away.

--
Matthew
There's no place like ~.