Missing Clear entry in context menu for lineedit

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Oct 23 10:32:14 BST 2007

Hi,

 I was "shocked" to see that in KDE4 it is impossible to clear a
lineedit with a single action: Clear entry in the context menu. This is
a very useful feature especially on X11, you know, because the mouse
selection immediately enters the selection clipboard. I heavily did the
following:
- select a text
- right click on a lineedit, clear the text
- paste the previous selection with the middle mouse button

Now I have to:
- select a text
- right click on a lineedit, choose Select All to the text
- right click on a lineedit, choose Delete to remove the text
- paste the previous selection with the middle mouse button

Does this missing from Qt4 already? Anyway, for KLineEdit (and similar
classes), I think we should add back this entry.

Andras