KDE/kdebase/workspace

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Oct 23 08:55:13 BST 2007

Em Monday 22 October 2007 20:54:42 Lubos Lunak escreveu:
>  I have no idea what's causing it. All I can say is that I have two
> daemons, qdbus only lists klipper and kaccess afterwards (they're connected
> to the second one I guess). If I set up a wrapper around dbus-launch, I can
> see that it's called from several apps, namely in the order qdbus,
> klauncher, kded4, kded4, kbuildsycoca4, ksmserver, kwin and so on - I guess
> this is
> a "feature", right? The arguments are always the same, "--autolaunch
> 349c0ffe15cc6354a1617f0047062100 --binary-syntax --close-stderr", and my
> ~/.dbus/session-bus has only one file matching this.

You can only have two daemons if one is launched by the autolaunch process and
another manually (using the "eval" line).

So you have another script somewhere that is doing the eval-style launch after
startkde did the autolaunch process.

I wish they shared the information, but right now I have no inkling of
modifying C code. dbus-launch.c is a mess and you can easily get lost in the
forks() and pipes().

But let your solution win. We want to add a "suicide mode" to the autolaunched
D-Bus anyways, just like DCOPServer exited on its own if no clients remained.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358