KIO::NetAccess static methods question

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Mon Oct 22 19:24:17 BST 2007

> You didn't answer my (implicit) questions:
> 1) does the new widget used for progress dialog have the
> only-show-after-a-few-seconds feature?

AFAIK (this is a Kevin work) no. Maybe he can elaborate more on this.

> 2) if yes, what's the use case for
> NetAccess without progress dialog?

Even if no only-show-after-a-few-seconds feature exists we can find use cases
for this situations.

For example if you show a set of skins downloaded from a website in runtime
and you don't want to show any information when downloading. That's only a
use case, I can imagine tons of them.

> 3) are we talking about one case
> (download) I mentionned above, or are we talking about the other methods
> which should IMHO be deprecated in favor of the (more standard) KIO job
> api?

download currently doesn't support this option. I am talking in general about
all methods. I can think on uses cases for almost all of them in which they
don't want to be shown to the world.

In the case we mark more methods as deprecated, which ones would be ?

--
Rafael Fernández López

GPG Fingerprint: B9F4 4730 43F8 FFDD CC5E BA8E 724E 406E 3F01 D070