[RFC] KConfig API stuff

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Sun Oct 21 21:38:31 BST 2007

On Sunday 21 October 2007 20:51:53 Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> Personally, I'm all for marking 4.0 still "instable", and have 4.1 as first
> binary compatible release for the whole 4 cycle.

Erm no. That's no option. What's next?
Redefining "men" as "women", "programmers" as "clowns" and "KDE"
as "Enlightenment 2" ?

If we are not there yet then we are simply not there yet. On the other hand
you need to be aware that no release will be perfect.

It's no issue if a major release with huge architecture changes gets lots of
functional regressions and some additional bugs. But trying to
redefine "Betas" as "RCs" and "stable" release numbers as "instable" is the
best way to make people take you not serious anymore and spread confusion
everywhere.

Torsten

--
 Torsten Rahn

 Tel.: 0 21 61 - 46 43 - 192

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz