KActionCollection setAssociatedWidget problems

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sun Oct 21 17:48:37 BST 2007

On Sunday 21 October 2007 16:01:02 Hamish Rodda wrote:
> A while back there was a cleanup of KActionCollection which subtly
> changed the behaviour of setAssociatedWidget(QWidget*).  This function
> is intended to make the actions specific to that widget, and
> accomplishes this by adding all actions to the widget and setting their
> shortcut context to
> Qt::WidgetShortcut. (It replaces KAccel's widget binding functionality)

See;
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=118529746920463&w=2

I see that the subject was not closed then, here is the mail.
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=118576312406176&w=2

I personally hope that the collection will keep its hands off the settings
of the actions, since if it doesn't I'll have to reset the default
property on all actions in KOffice.  Since the setting of the
widgetShortcut does not include any child widgets. (which is different
from Qt3) and the change will completely break all actions in KOffice
apps.

--
Thomas Zander