khtml serious bug when increasing or decreasing size font.

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 22:01:14 BST 2007

On 10/18/07, Riccardo Iaconelli <riccardo at kde.org> wrote:
> Hello,
> I've found out that khtml has some *serious* bugs with decreasing or
> increasing the size of the fonts.
> When I increase the font size, via one of the toolbuttons or via the context
> menu, while the fonts increase almost normally, the images gets a bit fucked
> up, they show artifacts, and strange resizes.

Hmmm, I do see some vertical lines over the pictures, weird, but it's
not that bad, even with decreasing size. Personally, I'm more annoyed
by the extremely slow scrolling and high cpu usage when scrolling ;-)

> But it's when decreasing that the situation gets very grave. The updating of
> the page seems broken, scrolling produces all kind of artifacts appearing on
> the screen, and you cannot look at the content anymore. Basically, it looks
> like the application has freezed.
> You can try it on khelpcenter, for example, which also have toolbuttons for
> it.
> I'd call this a showstopper for 4.0, what do you think?

Well, the artifacts aren't very bad, I dunno if it should really be a
showstopper. But it does look bad, yes.