libkdeprint

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Oct 16 14:53:33 BST 2007

On Tuesday 16 Oct 2007, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> On Tuesday, 16. October 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > From what Pino said so far I guess they let poppler do the
> > rendering and fetch a pixmap to be displayed in okular's viewport.
> > And of course using that pixmap for printing will produce bad
> > results.
>
> Given that oKular can zoom pretty close, I assume that poppler can
> produce arbitrarily sized renderings? Such as, renderings with a
> resolution that matches those of printers?
>
> Sure, printing whole-page images will be slow as hell... but it would
> work.

It could be a solution.  It wouldn't be ideal, because really we want to
send a document with fonts and text to the printer, rather than just an
image (you can do this with QPrinter/QPainter, as far as I can tell,
but the external libraries don't have any way of providing the
necessary information to do so).

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org