http job doesn't suspend in kde4 and k- vs qprocess

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Oct 16 08:35:28 BST 2007

Em Monday 15 October 2007 22:59:37 koos vriezen escreveu:
> I noticed data corruption in my code that stream data from kio to
> stdin of a kprocess. The cause is that in kde3, I did a job suspend
> which stopped the data signals until resumed, but it doesn't do so in
> kde4. In fact the suspend return false now.

Example code?

> Another thing I'm watching is the replacement of k3process to
> qprocess. While k3process is lightweight in passing the data to the
> final stdout, qprocess copies the data. So now I'm wondering if I
> should use popen or something else and use socketnotifiers instead.
> Actually what I really would like is not the data signals itself, but
> a unix domain socket where the data could be read from directly from
> the slave, as I need it to send to another application anyhow, that
> application could read it directly instead. Any other signal, should
> still be signal'ed though.
> Any advice on the matter would be appreciated.

Don't use popen and don't use socket notifiers. Anything else is acceptable. I
did not understand what you meant about QProcess.

IOSlaves only talk to the application and to klauncher. You cannot make them
talk to something else without changing the protocol. Why are you passing
data from it to a third party? Why can't that application request data from
the IOSlave directly and bypass the middle-man (you)?

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358