http job doesn't suspend in kde4 and k- vs qprocess

koos vriezen koos.vriezen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 21:59:37 BST 2007

Hi,

I noticed data corruption in my code that stream data from kio to
stdin of a kprocess. The cause is that in kde3, I did a job suspend
which stopped the data signals until resumed, but it doesn't do so in
kde4. In fact the suspend return false now.

Another thing I'm watching is the replacement of k3process to
qprocess. While k3process is lightweight in passing the data to the
final stdout, qprocess copies the data. So now I'm wondering if I
should use popen or something else and use socketnotifiers instead.
Actually what I really would like is not the data signals itself, but
a unix domain socket where the data could be read from directly from
the slave, as I need it to send to another application anyhow, that
application could read it directly instead. Any other signal, should
still be signal'ed though.
Any advice on the matter would be appreciated.

Br,
Koos