KDE Print porting - help needed

John Layt johnlayt at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 15 18:22:07 BST 2007

On Saturday 13 October 2007, John Layt wrote:
> Now that I think about it, I'm guessing KPrinter probably just lobbed the
> files directly to CUPS rather than painting them...  Which is exactly what
> Thomas suggests doing.

Doesn't help immediately, but we should probably add this method to our wish
list for Qt 4.4, even if as a *nix only feature.  Shouldn't be too hard as
QPrinter already submits ps files to CUPS, so the method would just shortcut
around their QPainter->ps conversion code and feed the input file instead.
And seeing as CUPS also accepts PDF's, allow those too.  Does QPrinter also
talk direct to CUPS on OSX or does it leave it to the native print dialog?
Not sure what option there would be on Windows.

John.