kdelibs 3/kdebase 4 co-installable ?

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Mon Oct 15 11:33:16 BST 2007

On Sunday 14 October 2007 00:50:25 Armin Berres wrote:
> I just had a short look and it seems as if the following files conflict
> right now (KDE3 3.5.8 vs. KDE4 Beta3):
>
> /usr/share/emoticons/Default/*.png
> /usr/bin/imagetops
> /usr/bin/kcmshell
> /usr/bin/kfile
> /usr/bin/kdostartupconfig
> /usr/bin/khotnewstuff
> /usr/bin/kstartupconfig
> /usr/bin/ksvgtopng

The files that are in 'workspace' are not a problem;  I don't believe distros
allow you to have KDE3base as well as KDE4base installed at the same time.
Naturally you should be allowed to install KDEEdu from KDE4, which requires
kdelibs from KDE4 as well as KDEbase/runtime from KDE4.
But, again, not workspace.

This means that kdostartupconfig & kstartupconfig are fine.

I agree that the rest of the commands need a new name.
--
Thomas Zander