KDE Print porting - help needed

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Oct 15 11:19:49 BST 2007

On Sunday 14 Oct 2007, John Layt wrote:
> On Sunday 14 October 2007, Anders Lund wrote:
> > Are there any example of this actually doing something useful? An
> > app having a dialog with a custom page?
> >
> > After you ported kate, there are no kate specific pages in its
> > dialog, and nothing seems to be working.
>
> I believe Alex had some problems with kate, so printing is currently
> disabled. In KDE3 it has some very useful extras in there like line
> number, header & footers, etc.

Actually, printing was already disabled in Kate.  I just ported the
disabled code to make it easier for whoever fixed it eventually.

> We've finished 24 of the 56 apps, with only 5 left in the main
> modules, but 3 of those are an issue.  Two are in kdelibs and have
> issues (kate and khtml) that need to be resolved before the kdelibs
> release.  Okular (and ligature in extragear) use the printFiles
> method that we currenty have no substitute for.

Kate and KHTML both have exactly the same issues they had before the
port to the new printing API.  Okular is currently a major problem.

Alex

PS: Kudos for all your porting work, John!

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org
Ubuntu/Kubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.org http://www.kubuntu.org