[Patch] KUrl::prettyUrl and xmpp: url

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Thu Oct 11 12:23:35 BST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 10. Oktober 2007 23:54:27 schrieb David Faure:
> On Tuesday 09 October 2007, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > About d&d to konsole, I think this make sens to have the same:
> > url() is encoded with %20 instead of '\ '
>
> Well, both work...

I think that depends on the program, but anyways I prefer ' '.  Applications
like wget have to encode that anyways (but it recognizes %20 and does not
double-escape that either).

> > and if one URL contains a password, it should be passed to Konsole.
>
> I disagree. While a colleague is overlooking on your computer you DnD a URL
> (which doesn't appear to have the password since it's not shown in e.g.
> konq's location bar) and suddenly the password appears.
> The whole idea of the password support in URL is that you can type it, but
> then it should disappear immediately and never reappear to the user.

I agree.  And I was wrong when I wrote that I have to remove "file://" after
DnD - this actually does paste the path only.  It's copy&paste [shift-insert]
which pastes the file:// URL.  (In KDE3, that is.  No KDE4 at hand for
testing.)

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS