[Patch] KUrl::prettyUrl and xmpp: url

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Oct 10 22:54:27 BST 2007

On Tuesday 09 October 2007, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> About d&d to konsole, I think this make sens to have the same:
> url() is encoded with %20 instead of '\ '
Well, both work...

> and if one URL contains a password, it should be passed to Konsole.
I disagree. While a colleague is overlooking on your computer you DnD a URL
(which doesn't appear to have the password since it's not shown in e.g. konq's location bar)
and suddenly the password appears.
The whole idea of the password support in URL is that you can type it, but then
it should disappear immediately and never reappear to the user.