move ldap ioslave into kdepim(libs)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Oct 10 22:23:14 BST 2007

On Wednesday 10 October 2007, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 October 2007, Tom Albers wrote:
> > Op wo 10 okt 2007 20:08 schreef u:
> > > I object. kio_imap belongs to kdepim.
> >
> > Hmm. Why? If someone wants to write a new mailclient based on
> > kio_imap it should depend on kdepim?
>
> I'm pretty sure David meant kdepimlibs.
No, kdepim. But more precisely: "it belongs in kdepimlibs and if that's a no no
because that module should only have libs like kdelibs [*], then kdepim as a second choice".

[*] kdelibs/kioslave doesn't seem to be -that- much of a packaging problem though, since we're
not talking about it. Although for that one kdebase/runtime/kioslave is an obvious destination.

> Anyway, I really hope that
> nobody will make the same mistake again we did when we decided to use a
> kioslave for communicating with an IMAP server.
Yeah I know that the future akonadi-based plans are not to use an imap slave anymore;
and this is why it's not -that- much of a big deal if kdepim has the slaves: other
hypothetical pim apps will not use those anyway (kio_smtp being the exception apparently).