list separator in config entries

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 21:47:16 BST 2007

2007/10/9, Thomas Braxton <kde.braxton at gmail.com>:

> On 10/9/07, Andreas Hartmetz <ahartmetz at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > understand

> > store a
> > the
> > this,
> > that
> > > this
> > in a

> > > ok, it'll be fixed by morning.
> > >
> > Do we have a misunderstanding here? We are working on it. We are four,
> > and we know the problem. Admittedly, PutHuhn is working on it and the
> > other Andreas, Ossi, and me are watching and giving suggestions. So
> > *please* either communicate with us, preferably on IRC, or refrain
> > from committing things without asking around before. It's *not* about
> > fixing two lines of code.
> > If you want to post a patch to this thread, go ahead.
> >
> fixed yet? if not here's a patch that fixes it. it uglifies the
> stringlists that contain entries that end with backslash, but it works and
> storing entries that end with backslash shouldn't be very common.
>
> Ahem... and if an entry ends with two slashes, you stick it into KConfig
and get it out again - surprise! you now have a backslash (or two,
whatever). If we had immediate practical problems with backslashes at the
end of strings your patch would be appropriate as a hotfix. The thing is
that it's not acceptable to change *any* string that is stored and retrieved
from KConfig. PutHuhn is working on it - he could be communicating a lot
more/better though. Hello PutHuhn, I can't heeear you! :-o