KDE Printing API Request

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Mon Oct 8 20:50:18 BST 2007

On Monday 08 October 2007 08:18:23 Thomas Zander wrote:
> > Thomas has the details on how to do the modifications.
>
> Yap,  I'll propose a patch soon.

I'm working on it now, using your (Alex') patch as a framework.
I have two little problems with the proposed patch I got from your mail;
you suggest passing a QList<QWidget> customTabs
I think that should be const QList<QWidget*> &customTabs.

Second; the files are LGPL v2.
I would really like that to be LGPLv2+

Ok to change those two things?

One more thing, the proposed API is  'getPrintingDialog()'  while its a
factory method; is that normal in Kdelibs?  I'm used to factory methods
being called 'createFoo' (where factory method means that the caller
immediately takes responsibility for deleting the thing)

I have a patch prepared, but I just realized I don't have Qt432 compiled
here at home, so I'll finish it at work tomorrow where I can actually
test it :)
--
Thomas Zander