list separator in config entries

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Oct 8 18:42:19 BST 2007

On 08.10.07 12:27:57, Thomas Braxton wrote:
> I know what was being pondered on this thread, but if I don't understand
> what you think is broken then I can't fix it can I?

Exactly what is tested in the test. KConfig doesn't properly store a
list of strings if one of the strings has a \ at the end. I'm at the
moment not sure wether reading or writing or both are broken for this,
i.e. wether it doesn't escape the backslash or doesn't realize that this
is not an escaped list-separator but in fact a list entry ending in a
backslash and a list separator afterwards.

Also as was proposed in this thread the list separator is not really
something the apps should decide to use or not as that makes no sense
with backends that can store lists in a native format. (which is AFAIK
a big part of what all the kconfig rework was about)

One note regarding the patch: Why are those flags removed from
kconfig_p.h? I'm just curious as I don't know the code very well anyway.

Andreas

--
Your sister swims out to meet troop ships.