[Fwd: Re: kdebuildsycoca does not work]

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Oct 7 22:19:45 BST 2007

On Sunday 07 October 2007, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we've those problems with kbuildsycoca since last night:
>

> On 07.10.07 13:12:21, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I get an assert in kstandarddirs.cpp:642:
> > Q_ASSERT(prefix != "/");
This was hit when my entire hard disk was listed recursively by kbuildsycoca4,
due to a local mistake where I didn't define APPLNK_INSTALL_DIR anymore.
So I added the assert so that whatever happens, kstandarddirs never ends up
listing "/" recursively, this can't be good, ever.

I am completely lost as to why you should hit this on Windows.
kernel/kstandarddirs_win.cpp doesn't look like it could ever return "/"...

> > It worked yesterday morning.
>
> David Faure added that line, I suggest to talk to him about that and its
> impact on win32. I guess we'd need something like QDir::rootDir()
> instead of "/".
Well, if you hit the assert then you have a resource pointing to "/", *that* should be fixed IMHO, not the assert itself.

Anyone checked the backtrace of this assert to find out which resource is wrongly defined?