patch for runner_lock to use kxkb kpart

Andriy Rysin arysin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 19:33:49 BST 2007

2007/10/2, Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi at kde.org>:

> On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 07:16:34PM -0400, Andriy Rysin wrote:
> > 2007/9/30, Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi at kde.org>:
> > > would it be possible to use a plain libloader and QXEmbed (well, the
> > > qt4 equivalent) to make it more lightweight? or maybe we can introduce
> > > KBasicPart as a general solution?
> >
> > I'll take a look to see if that's reasonable to do it with QXEmbed,
> >
> forget that part. qxembed is actually for embedding windows from
> external processes, which isn't the case here. :}
> ideally, it would just provide a qwidget to plug into the normal layout.
> another point: i'd also like it to provide a qmenu to plug in.

Ok, would you consider something more like the attached version?

It's a bit raw but pretty lightwieght - no additional libraries (no kpart,
no kio), loads only kdeinit_kxkb (which most probably is already in the
memory), and uses simple C method to create component.
There are 4 modes one can create kxkb component in (enum in kxkb_component.h
file).
I also wrote little macro to wrap up the library loading and function
reference process but I think this can be done much nicer.

Please let me know if you think this is the way you wanna go and we can
discuss separate QMenu and nicer component interface.

Thanks,
Andriy