Beta3 Delayed (Again)

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Oct 6 14:24:41 BST 2007

On 06.10.07 05:18:17, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 06.10.07 00:22:36, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> > > We're done with porting what we could. This includes all of trunk,
> > > except kdebindings (which we don't really know how to port :(, thus
> > > cc'ing rdale and Simon Edwards explicitly ), koffice and all of
> > > extragear. I also ported playground/plasma (which to me seemed like the
> > > most important part of playground), but the rest of playground is
> > > unported and thus will most probably break at various places. I don't
> > > have the time and space to port playground before the merge, but I will
> > > start on that right after the merge (so I don't have trunk+branch builds
> > > on my disk).
> > >
> > > I'll start the merging as soon as I'm back home at around 5pm (CET),
> > > unfortunately I can't do trunk/ at once, so only kdelibs,pimlibs and
> > > base will be ported initially, the rest will come in as my space allows.
> >
> > Ok, this is done now, we now have a good KConfig system that allows for
> > arbitrary backends.
>
> I've tried my best, but couldn't finish trunk. I have kdepim, kdetoys
> and kdenetwork almost done lying around and will commit those tomorrow.
> So from trunk/ there's still kdeutils and kdewebdev missing.

I've gone through keg, playground and the kdeaccessibility module and
checked that whatever I could compile has kconfig-related things ported
properly.

kdepim is being done by Andreas Hartmetz and pim-people. koffice should
be done, but I'll do a build of that now anyway.

So from my side there's nothing left, we do have a serious problem with
sycoca which might be related to the changes that the kconfig branch
introduced. I didn't have these problems when testing stuff from the
branch, it only shows now in trunk. Hopefully Thomas Braxton or Bernhard
show up soon and can fix those (I don't have much idea about kconfig
code myself)

Andreas

--
Better hope the life-inspector doesn't come around while you have your
life in such a mess.