[RFC] KConfig merge

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Oct 3 12:16:19 BST 2007

On Wednesday 03 October 2007, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Monday, 1. October 2007, Thomas Braxton wrote:
>
> >   - Renamed the values of KConfig::OpenFlag because the other names didn't
> > really describe their function. To me NoGlobals is the same as not oring
> > with IncludeGlobals so I changed it to CascadeConfig, I think Cascade or
> > OpenCascade would be a better name, but I'm not sure.
>
> KConfig's always cascade AFAIK
(unless OnlyLocal is set)

> includeGlobals only means if kdeglobals is read in addition to it
Yes, and NoGlobals is indeed the opposite. Thomas, what would you use if NoGlobals
disappears? KConfig(0)? That's no good :) I think we should indeed have a name for all
three possibilities, so that the calling code is readable.

> (which should be deprecated and removed from the
> default - 99% of all cases we don't want to read kdeglobals).
Arguable. (I agree for performance, but the whole idea of kdeglobals is to make those
settings available in every app...)