[RFC] KConfig merge

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Wed Oct 3 12:05:02 BST 2007

On Monday, 1. October 2007, Thomas Braxton wrote:

>   - Renamed the values of KConfig::OpenFlag because the other names didn't
> really describe their function. To me NoGlobals is the same as not oring
> with IncludeGlobals so I changed it to CascadeConfig, I think Cascade or
> OpenCascade would be a better name, but I'm not sure.

KConfig's always cascade AFAIK, includeGlobals only means if kdeglobals is
read in addition to it (which should be deprecated and removed from the
default - 99% of all cases we don't want to read kdeglobals).

I disagree with the rename of the enum, but otherwise I think this cleanup is
unfortunately needed to be able to implement other than file-based backends
for kconfig (finally).

Now, the problem is that we can't merge all of this due to the risk of late
minute breakage for beta3. regarding the diffs, most of the stuff could be
put in already (e.g. the extra includes), and the diff should shrink by not
renaming the enum.

Dirk