patch for runner_lock to use kxkb kpart

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Tue Oct 2 08:58:34 BST 2007

On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 07:16:34PM -0400, Andriy Rysin wrote:
> 2007/9/30, Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi at kde.org>:
> > would it be possible to use a plain libloader and QXEmbed (well, the
> > qt4 equivalent) to make it more lightweight? or maybe we can introduce a
> > KBasicPart as a general solution?
>

> I'll take a look to see if that's reasonable to do it with QXEmbed,

forget that part. qxembed is actually for embedding windows from
external processes, which isn't the case here. :}
ideally, it would just provide a qwidget to plug into the normal layout.
another point: i'd also like it to provide a qmenu to plug in.

> though it would be really nice if our parts library was lightweight
> enough for light (secure) components.

yup

> BTW, it looks like we might provide DBUS interface anyway, I've just talked
> to Sergey Udaltsov and (hopefully) the result that there will be API shared
> by KDE and GNOME. The proposed draft of the API is here
> http://xlibs.freedesktop.org/xkbdesc/ofkl.xml Comments and suggestions are
> welcome.

it looks strange that the attributes are returned as one array per
attribute instead of one array of structures ...