CMake Find*.cmake modules

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Mon Oct 1 19:42:51 BST 2007

Quoting David Faure <faure at kde.org>:

>> Wouldn't it be nice to have a single FindXXX.cmake for each XXX and
>> have all them in the same place? (kdesupport?)
> kdesupport is optional, just a place where put some libs for
> convenience; in the future
> we might not need to install it, once common distros ship strigi and
>  soprano and qca and qimageblitz...

What about having a new mandatory module (for instance, "cmake") and
place all the FindXXXX.cmake there?

Having several different FindWhatever.cmake for the same "whatever",
or even several copies of the same FindWhatever.cmake is going to be a
nightmare once people start modifying the FindXXXXX.cmake in
playground but not in kdelibs, or koffice, or... We will end up with
applications which are able to find a library and applications which
are not able to find that same library, just because each one is using
a different FindMyLibrary.cmake.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org