Showstoppers, was: Re: Fwd: Re: Release Mode

Michael Pyne michael.pyne at kdemail.net
Wed Nov 28 00:09:10 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 27 November 2007, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> On Tuesday, 27. November 2007, Hiếu Hoàng wrote:
> > On Nov 27, 2007 7:53 PM, Jakob Petsovits <jpetso at gmx.at> wrote:
> >  I ran::
> >
> >   find . -not -wholename "*/.svn/*" -exec grep "\"edit\"" {} +
>
> Also, the "-not -wholename" trick is great, I did not know that before :-]

That is a cool trick.  I looked at the man page and there's a way to refine
it:

$ find . -wholename '*/.svn' -prune -o -exec grep "\"edit\"" -l {} \;

The -prune command drops the directory entirely from the search.  find won't
waste time recursively descending into .svn directories just to ignore every
file in there.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne