My Computer

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Tue Nov 27 11:14:31 GMT 2007

Am Dienstag 27 November 2007 schrieb Kenneth Wimer:

> What? That presentation has nothing whatsoever to do with the discussion of
> the naming of "My Computer" so nobody was ridiculing anything. If I missed
> that part please point it out. I get the idea that a certain amount of
> influential people do not want to change this (or discuss it, really) and
> personally, I really don't care what you call it but let's not start
> accusing people of things they didn't say or do.

Just another data point: openSUSE's kickoff uses "Computer". See
http://en.opensuse.org/Image:Suse10_2-final-kickoff.jpg - I haven't seen
Robert in this discussion so far and it's his code that's in KDE4.

I seriously wonder, why my remark to do usability tests to see if "Fred"
or "Goo" is doing any better than "My computer" is so earth shaking.
Allen suggests that Goo is better than "My computer" without any data
at hand and then my presentation is not scientific enough - sure!

Greetings, Stephan